Straighten Your Smile Discreetly
If your teeth are slightly crooked or out of place, you can straighten your smile discreetly with Invisalign. Unlike braces that rely on hard metal or ceramic brackets and wires to move and realign teeth, Invisalign uses soft, comfortable plastic aligner trays to straighten your smile. In addition to being comfortable, Invisalign offers so many other advantages. The trays are discreet, removable and effective. In Monroe, MI, Invisalign is available through the dental office of Dr. Jeanette Murphy.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern method for straightening your smile. With Invisalign, teeth are moved via soft trays that fit directly over the top and bottom rows of teeth. Every week or two your existing set of trays are replaced with a new set. The positioning of the teeth will vary slightly with each new set, which gently guides the teeth into the desired position over time. The trays are all custom created specifically for each individual patient based on either an impression or a digital scan of your teeth. In Monroe, Invisalign is available at the office of Dr. Murphy.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign offers several advantages over other teeth straightening options. For instance, the trays are soft, clear and removable whereas traditional metal braces are hard, readily visible and permanently affixed with dental cement. Since Invisalign trays are clear, they are barely noticeable. They can be removed as needed, such as when brushing to achieve a more thorough cleaning. The many advantages of Invisalign include:
- Clear aligner trays are discreet and virtually unnoticeable.
- Comfortable aligner trays are made from a soft plastic material.
- Unlike traditional braces, there are no metal brackets or wires to irritate the mouth and gums.
- Aligner trays can be conveniently removed at mealtime to prevent food bits from getting stuck.
- Removable trays can be taken out for more thorough brushing and flossing.
- Aligner trays protect against excessive wear and tear for patients who regularly clench or grind their teeth.
With Invisalign, it is possible to straighten your smile discreetly. Most people you encounter won’t even realize you are wearing the clear aligner trays. To learn more about Invisalign and how it can help your smile, schedule an appointment with Dr. Murphy, your dentist for Invisalign in Monroe, MI, by calling (734) 242-4744.