The Benefits of Invisalign
Crooked teeth are an issue adults have to deal with too, but you may not want to deal with metal braces. That's why your Monroe, MI, dentist Dr. Jeanette Murphy offers Invisalign at her office.
What is Invisalign?
The clear plastic aligners are flexible and great if you need to straighten your teeth and don't want anyone to know you're wearing braces, unlike traditional braces.
More on Invisalign:
Invisalign are custom-made clear aligners that are made to fit your upper and lower teeth. The aligners work by applying pressure on each tooth so that it moves into its proper position, similar to braces.
The custom aligners are created by your Monroe dentist with the use of a specialized computer software.
How to Wear your Clear Aligners:
You need to keep the aligners on for a minimum of 20 hours a day. You can take them off if you want to eat, brush your teeth or floss. Some people like to take their clear aligners off for special events like birthdays and weddings.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Invisalign is a removable appliance, so brushing and flossing is easy
- Invisalign is transparent, so no one will notice you have them on
- Invisalign doesn't prevent you from eating some of your favorite foods like taffy apples or corn, unlike traditional braces, because they're removable
- They are comfortable and don't irritate oral soft tissue
- Fixes crooked and misaligned teeth in about a year, depending on your needs
Invisalign is a unique way to improve your appearance and health of your teeth. If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Monroe, MI, dentist Dr. Murphy, then call (734) 242-4744 today!