Posts for tag: invisalign
Crooked teeth are an issue adults have to deal with too, but you may not want to deal with metal braces. That's why your Monroe, MI, dentist Dr. Jeanette Murphy offers Invisalign at her office.
What is Invisalign?
The clear plastic aligners are flexible and great if you need to straighten your teeth and don't want anyone to know you're wearing braces, unlike traditional braces.
More on Invisalign:
Invisalign are custom-made clear aligners that are made to fit your upper and lower teeth. The aligners work by applying pressure on each tooth so that it moves into its proper position, similar to braces.
The custom aligners are created by your Monroe dentist with the use of a specialized computer software.
How to Wear your Clear Aligners:
You need to keep the aligners on for a minimum of 20 hours a day. You can take them off if you want to eat, brush your teeth or floss. Some people like to take their clear aligners off for special events like birthdays and weddings.
Benefits of Invisalign:
- Invisalign is a removable appliance, so brushing and flossing is easy
- Invisalign is transparent, so no one will notice you have them on
- Invisalign doesn't prevent you from eating some of your favorite foods like taffy apples or corn, unlike traditional braces, because they're removable
- They are comfortable and don't irritate oral soft tissue
- Fixes crooked and misaligned teeth in about a year, depending on your needs
Invisalign is a unique way to improve your appearance and health of your teeth. If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Monroe, MI, dentist Dr. Murphy, then call (734) 242-4744 today!
If your teeth are slightly crooked or out of place, you can straighten your smile discreetly with Invisalign. Unlike braces that rely on hard metal or ceramic brackets and wires to move and realign teeth, Invisalign uses soft, comfortable plastic aligner trays to straighten your smile. In addition to being comfortable, Invisalign offers so many other advantages. The trays are discreet, removable and effective. In Monroe, MI, Invisalign is available through the dental office of Dr. Jeanette Murphy.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern method for straightening your smile. With Invisalign, teeth are moved via soft trays that fit directly over the top and bottom rows of teeth. Every week or two your existing set of trays are replaced with a new set. The positioning of the teeth will vary slightly with each new set, which gently guides the teeth into the desired position over time. The trays are all custom created specifically for each individual patient based on either an impression or a digital scan of your teeth. In Monroe, Invisalign is available at the office of Dr. Murphy.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign offers several advantages over other teeth straightening options. For instance, the trays are soft, clear and removable whereas traditional metal braces are hard, readily visible and permanently affixed with dental cement. Since Invisalign trays are clear, they are barely noticeable. They can be removed as needed, such as when brushing to achieve a more thorough cleaning. The many advantages of Invisalign include:
- Clear aligner trays are discreet and virtually unnoticeable.
- Comfortable aligner trays are made from a soft plastic material.
- Unlike traditional braces, there are no metal brackets or wires to irritate the mouth and gums.
- Aligner trays can be conveniently removed at mealtime to prevent food bits from getting stuck.
- Removable trays can be taken out for more thorough brushing and flossing.
- Aligner trays protect against excessive wear and tear for patients who regularly clench or grind their teeth.
With Invisalign, it is possible to straighten your smile discreetly. Most people you encounter won’t even realize you are wearing the clear aligner trays. To learn more about Invisalign and how it can help your smile, schedule an appointment with Dr. Murphy, your dentist for Invisalign in Monroe, MI, by calling (734) 242-4744.